The Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster is here presented in stunning Lucerne Aqua Firemist with Rosewood Fretboard. Eric Johnson is the understated king of electric guitar, and his signature Strat is appropriately one of the finest we have ever stocked. Much work has gone into the voicing of the pickups to produce Johnson’s required tone. The “V”-Profile neck is hewn from quartersawn maple for extra strength and resonance. The nitrocellulose finish allows the woods to breathe and respond naturally to the player’s inputs. The 12″ radius fretboard facilitates faster playing and more predictable string bends.
We’re very pleased to be able to have one of these beautiful Stratocasters in stock; it could well be the finest Strat you ever play. Pop into our Los Angeles shop to experience it for yourself, or buy online with the assurance that every instrument we sell is fully checked over and professionally set up before dispatch. Do get in contact by phone or email if you would like any aspect of the setup tailored to your requirements. We ship fast to the US, Europe, and worldwide.
FENDER ERIC JOHNSON STRATOCASTER IN LUCERNE AQUA FIREMIST WITH ROSEWOOD FRETBOARD
There is no greater example of guitar hero Eric Johnson’s devotion to his art than his signature model Stratocaster® guitar. With singular attention to detail, the Eric Johnson Stratocaster Rosewood features a two-piece alder body finished in nitrocellulose lacquer, quartersawn maple neck with bound round-laminated 12″-radius rosewood fingerboard, three-ply parchment pickguard, pickups voiced by Johnson himself, staggered vintage-style tuners, and custom tremolo block. Deluxe blonde hard-shell case included.
- Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer is one of the great original-era Fender electric guitar finishes, and is still used today on select instruments. Thin, porous and delicate, it’s a premium finish prized for sonic qualities that let body woods breathe with their true tonal character, and for an appearance that ages and wears in a distinctive way appealing to many players.
- Quartersawn Neck with “V” Profile: The neck of Johnson’s finely crafted signature Strat is fashioned from extra-strong quartersawn maple, with a sharper 1950s-style “V” profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) ideal for players with larger hands whose thumb extends over the edge of the fingerboard.
- Special Eric Johnson Pickups: Eric Johnson is known for being meticulous about tone, and the sound of his signature Stratocaster comes from three specially voiced Eric Johnson single-coil pickups with countersunk mounting screws.
- Bound Rosewood Fingerboard with 12″ Radius: This instrument features an elegantly bound rosewood fingerboard with a 12″ radius (the amount of curvature across the width of the fingerboard). This is notably flatter than both a vintage-style 7.25″ radius and a modern 9.5″ radius, and is great for bending notes without fretting out.
- Staggered Vintage-Style Tuners: These tuners have a cool vintage-style look and are height-staggered in pairs, with posts that get progressively shorter from the low strings to the high strings. This creates optimal string break angles from the nut to the tuners, with no consequent need for string trees.
- No Back Tremolo Cover/Screw Holes: According to Johnson’s own specs, his signature Stratocaster has no tremolo cavity cover on the back and no screw holes for one.