Guild’s iconic arched back makes its return in the Westerly OM-240CE acoustic-electric. The purpose of this trademark feature is twofold: principally, it reduces weight and increases live projection. But it also pays tribute to some of Guild’s popular models, like the D-25 and F-30. The result is a great-playing, easy-traveling guitar with Guild’s unmistakable look. The Westerly OM-240CE harks back to Guild’s golden-era flat tops with some exciting vintage specs, including a mid-sized Orchestra body made from premium woods, a classic Guild C-shaped neck, and a retro red tortoiseshell pickguard. The OM-240CE includes the AP-1 pickup for a clean sound that plugs straight into a PA.
Guild AP-1 pickup captures this Westerly’s natural acoustic voice
The Westerly series’ AP-1 piezo pickup is one of the better options we’ve seen in this price range. The sound is full and dynamic onstage, and it pairs great with a microphone for recording parts at home or in the studio. Volume and tone controls are mounted directly in the soundhole for easy access, and for a look that won’t detract from your guitar’s natural beauty.
Engineered for a comfortable playing experience
The OM-240CE’s clean playability will help channel all your creative ideas into beautiful music. Seasoned players will notice right away the OM-240CE’s slinky string action all along the 25.5″ scale length C-shape neck. The 1-11/16″ nut width spaces out strings suitably for strumming, flatpicking, or fingerstyling, with a good amount of real estate that neither feels cramped nor causes you to reach uncomfortably.
- Iconic arched back pays tribute to Guild’s early acoustics
- Unique design is lighter and louder than comparably sized guitars
- Quality mid-size Orchestra body is made from solid Sitka spruce and mahogany
- Vintage-profiled C-shape neck with Indian rosewood fingerboard plays comfortably
- Venetian cutaway lends itself to comfortable lead playing and high capo’ing
- 1960s red tortoiseshell pickguard looks great onstage
- Bone nut and saddle enhance sustain and clarity
- 1-11/16″ nut width suits strummers to fingerstylists
- 25.5″ scale length has a slinky-smooth action
- Guild AP-1 pickup system provides a clean sound for the stage and studio