The Larrivee 000 40R is an Acoustic Guitar from Larrivee’s Legacy Series. Hand made in California using solid Sitka Spruce for the soundboard and solid Indian Rosewood for the back and sides, this guitar combines traditional looks with cutting edge Scalloped Parabolic Hybrid bracing. The result is a guitar which resonates freely, with a controlled and dynamic bass response allowing this timeless tone wood combination to truly shine. Supplied in a Larrivee hard case.
The 000 40R Legacy Series guitar is now available from Je Matt Guitar, online and in our Los Angeles store’s dedicated acoustic room. Every instrument we sell is fully checked over and professionally set up before dispatch, for your peace of mind. We ship fast to the US, Europe and Worldwide.
Note: Images show actual stock guitar.
LARRIVÉE 000-40R ROSEWOOD LEGACY SERIES ACOUSTIC GUITAR
The Larrivee 000 40R is an exemplary fingerpicking guitar with a 12th-fret body join. Its 000-sized body – smaller than a big dread, but bigger than a parlour – lends it the focus it needs to bring out the nuances of every note. The 12th-fret neck-to-body join results in a sweeter sound than an equivalent guitar with a more conventional 14th-fret join.
Sitka Spruce combined with Indian Rosewood is, for some, the ultimate tone wood pairing. Its complex sound is produced by the attack of the Sitka and the overtone-rich resonance of the Rosewood. Larrivee’s “Scalloped Parabolic Hybrid” bracing design brings the best of this already-outstanding combination. A non-symmetrical scalloped lateral cross-bracing pattern has been blended with Larrivee’s tried and true balanced X-Brace system. The result is maximum strength using the least amount of material. It’s a build that allows even further vibration of the soundboard, while still offering a controlled dynamic bass response.
Larrivee prides itself on being plugged in to the entire process of producing a finished, hand-made guitar, from log selection on the forest floor to final quality control in their Oxnard, California Workshop. Their aim to build not the most guitars, but the best, is evident on the 000-40 R. Hand selection of the woods has ensured that the top, back and sides perform optimally together. Traditional aesthetics, punctuated by intricate rope binding, open-back tuners and diamond inlays to the fretboard, complete the package.
- All-solid-wood dreadnought built to Larrivee’s highest standards
- Sitka spruce top yields a fundamental-heavy sonic character with a broad dynamic range
- Rosewood back and sides exhibit a thick midrange and gorgeous overtones that stack up and bloom
- Scalloped Parabolic Hybrid bracing system facilitates maximum soundboard vibration
- Comfortable mahogany neck with an easy-playing ebony fingerboard
- Neck joins its body at the 14th fret, freeing up plenty of room for fleet-fingered fretwork
- Hand-fit dovetail joint provides a lock-tight fit and maximum sustain
- Bone nut and compensated bone saddles ensures optimal intonation
- Attractive diamond fingerboard inlays and a stunning inlaid headstock logo
- Maple Bold Rope binding, a Bold Rope rosette, a tortoise pickguard, and an attention-grabbing satin finish